Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School is a successful and oversubscribed school judged as “Good” by Ofsted in 2017.
We are seeking to appoint a flexible and reliable person, with good administration skills to support our Governing Body.
The Clerk to the Governors is responsible for providing advice to the Governing Body on constitution, governance and procedural matters; providing effective administrative support to the Governing Body and its committees; ensuring that the Governing Body is properly constituted; and that information is managed effectively in accordance with legal requirements.
The Clerk works closely with the Chair of Governors and it is essential that the Clerk is proactive and manages day to day issues that arise whilst keeping the Chair fully informed. Evening work is required in attending Governing Body and Committee meetings. It is an interesting role and can really add value to the smooth running and effectiveness of the Governing Body.
- Are able to work collaboratively and supportively as part of a team and build relevant external networks with the school, Diocese and Local Authority
- Have good listening, oral, literacy and IT skills
- Are proactive, flexible, self-motivated, able to use your own initiative, organise time effectively and meet deadlines
- Have good administrative and organisational skills in minute taking, record keeping, information management and keeping various partners and governors up to date
- Are able to develop your own knowledge of relevant educational and statutory information
- Can operate with integrity, confidentiality and impartiality
- Are open to change and learning, including your own personal professional development
…we would love you to hear from you.
To apply, please visit our website by clicking on the Apply button below.
For further information and an application pack please contact Karyn Stiles, Human Resources Officer on 0118 918 3806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 16 November 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.