Aldridge Education are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Clerk to the Governors for Darwen Aldridge Community Academy, Darwen Aldridge Enterprise Studio, Darwen Vale High School, and Sudell Primary School to provide advice to the Governing Body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
There will be a total of twenty four meetings per academic year – six at each of the schools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
• Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork
• Accurate taking of and typing of minutes at Governor meetings as well as any working parties
• Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership
• Attending half termly clerk briefings
• Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters
• Policy preparation, maintenance, and distribution to staff and Governors
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a CV with a covering letter for the attention of Laura Etherington, Human Resource Manager (North West) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.