Portslade Aldridge Community Academy and our sister academy Brighton Aldridge Community Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Clerk to the Governors to provide advice to the Governing Body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
There will be a total of twelve meetings per academic year – six at PACA and six at BACA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
- Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork
- Accurate taking of and typing of minutes at Governor meetings as well as any working parties
- Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership
- Attending half termly clerk briefings
- Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters
- Policy preparation, maintenance, and distribution to staff and Governors
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work.
For full job description and person specification please go to our website at: http://www.paca.uk.com/work-at-paca . If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV along with a supporting letter to Sheila Cahill, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 21 May 2019
The Principal reserves the right to interview an outstanding candidate prior to the closing date without notice.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.