Manor Leas Infant School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and well organised Clerk to Governors to join our dedicated, friendly and supportive team.
The Governing Body is effective and contributes fully to our academy’s success. The Clerk will be accountable to the Governing Body, working effectively with them; the Chair of Governors and Headteacher.
The Clerk’s main role is to provide professional clerking services to the Governing Body and its committees.
- Be able to take accurate minutes from your own notes to then produce well-presented minutes for distribution;
- Collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in advance of meetings;
- Be available to take minutes at all meetings throughout the year, minimum 13 meetings per year. Meetings will normally take place in the evenings;
- Provide procedural and legal advice and guidance;
- Attend relevant training events directed by the Governing Body.
Experience is essential for this role. Candidates should be competent in the use of a word processor, email and internet and have access to a computer. You should have an interest in education, be tactful, reliable and have a good sense of humour. The successful candidate must follow academy procedures regarding confidentiality and act in a professional manner at all times with regards to information disclosed during the meetings.
Visits to the school are encouraged.
Application forms can be obtained from the School Office on (01522) 681810 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed application forms should be returned to the school for the attention of Mrs Kate Ray - Chair of Governors.
Closing date is 3pm on 30 November 2016 and interviews will be held on 9 December 2016.
Manor Leas Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and medical clearance. Written references will be taken up at shortlisting stage prior to interview.
Manor Leas Infant School,