Diverse Academies is a multi-academy trust based in the East Midlands, providing education from primary through to post-16, driven by a passionate belief in giving children and young people the very best chance in life to progress and develop.
The trust would like to recruit Clerks to Governors, each working 7.5 hours per week, term time only at each of the following academies:
- Walton Academy, Grantham 7.5 hours per week
- Thrumpton Primary Academy, Retford 7.5 hours per week
- Bracken Lane Primary Academy, Retford 7.5 hours per week
- Tuxford Primary Academy, Tuxford 7.5 hours per week
Applications are also welcomed from candidates who would be willing to cover more than one academy – please detail your preferences on the application form.
The successful candidate to this role will have experience of minuting meetings and setting agendas, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to work flexibly, cope with pressure and deliver to tight deadlines and possess a high level of integrity to maintain confidentiality of information. Flexibility to cover evening meetings is essential.
Job title: Clerk to Governors
Location: Grantham & Retford
Salary: Grade 5 (actual salary £3965 to £4554 based on 7.5 hours per week)
Working hours: 7.5 hours per week (per academy) term time only
Closing date: 17 November 2019
The focus of the position is giving high quality advice and guidance in addition to professional clerking. Clerking is not only about good organisation and administration, but also, and more importantly, about helping the Academy Committee to understand its role, functions and duties within the Scheme of Delegation and Terms of Reference. This is crucial in helping the committee exercise its functions expediently and confidently, so that it can stay focused on its' core functions.
The main duties of the role are to:
- Act as Clerk to all meetings of the Governors Academy Committee, setting draft agendas, producing minutes, liaising and coordinating the work of the committee. This includes any ad-hoc that may be necessary
- Provide confidential, high quality administrative support to governors and senior leaders in the academy.
- Guide the chair and governors on their delegated responsibilities to which they are subject to and on how those responsibilities should be discharged.
- Work flexibly to accommodate some evening work, liaising with the chair and senior leaders in each academy to confirm attendance requirements.
- Ensure the Trust governance structure is embedded and embraced in each academy.
- Ensure good information flows within the committee and between senior leaders.
- Identify and lead on appointing governors to fill vacancies on the committee including the election of parent governors. Ensure any new appointees are fully inducted and assist with their development as required.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this role, please contact Alison Elway, Head of Governance - email@example.com
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should we identify an appropriate candidate.
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.