If you think you can help our Local Governors fulfil their role in providing focused governance for both academies at local level, monitoring key performance indicators and acting as a critical friend to the Headteachers, providing challenge where appropriate, we would love to hear from you.
We are a small newly formed Multi Academy Trust in NW Surrey, currently with two schools, and the Clerk will play a pivotal role in the smooth and efficient functioning of both Local Governing Boards (LGBs), liaising regularly with our Clerk to Trustees.
As well as offering advice and guidance on all aspects of governance, you will ensure the efficient functioning of the LGBs by providing:
- Administrative and organisational support, including convening and attending meetings and taking minutes.
- Guidance to ensure that the LGBs work in compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory framework and understand the potential consequences for non-compliance.
- Effective communication.
- Advice on procedural matters relating to the operation of the LGBs.
If this role appeals to you we are looking for someone who can commit to attending 12 Local Governing Body meetings per year, plus additional support/meetings and who:
- Has a genuine interest in school governance.
- Ideally has experience of clerking within a school.
- Is knowledgeable on governance procedures and educational legislation and guidance and/or is willing to develop knowledge.
- Is able to work independently and an excellent time manager.
- Is confident in communicating with all levels both verbally and in writing.
If you feel this role would be interesting, varied and challenging, as well as rewarding, we are inviting expressions of interest in the first instance.
Please contact Heather Morey, HR Manager, to discuss your application either by phone 0208 398 7161 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest closing date for expressions of interest: 9am, Thursday 17 October 2019.
Interviews will be convened following half term and we anticipate the role commencing as soon as possible.
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.