A great opportunity to use your organisation skills to make a difference to the outcome of our children. Effective governance is essential to the success of our school, and our clerks have a key role to play.
GLF Schools is a multi-academy trust (MAT) which currently comprises primary and secondary schools across Surrey, Croydon, West Sussex, Wokingham and Oxfordshire. As a MAT our local governance structure differs to that of a maintained school with a governing body, however we are clear that each school has a distinct character and culture to meet the needs of its community and context. We therefore recognise the value of retaining a local governance committee for our schools but we call these School Strategy Boards, to emphasise the purpose for their being.
We have a vacancy for a clerk for our School Strategy Boards at Floreat Wandsworth Primary School.
The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in school governance, ensuring they keep abreast with current educational developments and legislation affecting schools. A clerk must be a person of integrity with strong interpersonal skills, organisational skills and a positive attitude.
The role will involve clerking 6 two-hour meetings over the academic year.
The successful candidate will be paid for 115 hours over the year. The Pro Rata'd salary range of £1,908 - £2,269 is based on a FTE salary range of £27,337 - £32,497
We can offer you:
- An extremely supportive, friendly team and work environment.
- Commitment to job specific training.
- Commitment to personal professional development.
- The opportunity to be part of GLF Schools, benefiting from shared resources and support and being part of an innovative governance structure
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement
The ideal candidate will be:
- Well organised and have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the Trust.
- Confident in communicating will all levels.
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material.
- Knowledgeable on governance procedures and educational legislation and guidance and/or willingness to develop knowledge.
We would welcome visits to the school. Please call the GLF Central office on 020-8716-4987 to arrange a visit.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.