15 hours per week - Term-time only
Grade E – Hourly rate £9.36
We are looking to appoint a well-organised and proficient Clerk to the Newbury Academy Trust Board of Trustees and associated Governing Bodies. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join this high performing Trust. Applicants need to be able to support the Board and Governing Bodies to act efficiently, effectively, and legally with the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion. The post would be equally suitable for an experienced Clerk to Governors or for an experienced administrator. Good listening, oral and literacy skills are essential along with writing agendas and accurate concise minute taking.
As part of the job role the successful candidate will need to:
- report to the Chair of the Board of Trustees
- keep abreast of changes within governance legislation and liaise with the Chair and Executive Headteacher when required
- advise the Board and Governing Bodies on the conduct of meetings and on procedural matters, within School Governance law
- take accurate minutes of all Board, Governing Body and Committee meetings
- circulate policies and documents to appropriate Committees
- undertake any training required.
If you feel that you have the experience and drive for this role we would like to hear from you. Application is by application form and letter to Mrs C Wilson, Executive Headteacher, the former including the names and addresses of two appropriate referees. Further details can be obtained from Mrs Hurst on 01635 510500, by email to email@example.com or visit the school’s website www.trinitynewbury.org
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check in addition to other pre-employment checks.
Closing date: Friday 17th November 2017