We are seeking a Clerk to the Danes Educational Trust Board to join our Central Services Team based at St Clement Danes School. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of Trust Board with some meetings being held in the evenings.
We would like you to have:
• experience of working for Boards of non-executives in the private or public sector and/or experience of working with senior executives and non-executives and/or school governors or Trustees (preferable)
• an understanding of the statutory duties of Trust Boards within the context of a Multi Academy Trust (preferable)
• the ability to maintain confidentiality, remain impartial and act with integrity
• the ability to work as part of a team and also able to work independently using your own initiative
• very good listening, oral and literacy skills
• experience in writing agendas and accurate concise minutes
• high levels of attention to detail and the ability to work to a high standard
• Good ICT including keyboarding skills and proficiency in using the internet to access relevant information
• Efficient organisational skills – able to organise your time, organise meetings and work to deadlines
• Experience/understanding of record keeping, information retrieval and dissemination of a range of documentation
• the ability to build relationships with others and maintain contacts with outside agencies
• a willingness to attend appropriate training and development
• flexibility – able to work at times convenient to the School Boards, including evening meetings and able to travel to meetings
• a natural aptitude for to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
We can offer:
• A permanent annualised hours contract of 337.5 hours per year to be worked flexibly during term time only
• A positive working environment within two well-regarded and heavily over-subscribed schools
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
The Danes Educational Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust serving families in Hertfordshire, developing optimistic, resilient learners and valued, empowered staff through local, national and global partnerships. It was established as a multi-academy trust in June 2016, converting from a single academy trust, St Clement Danes School, to allow the establishment of Croxley Danes School. On 1st July 2019, Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park, near Potters Bar also joined the Trust followed by Onslow St Audrey School, Hatfield on 1st September 2019.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from this website
• Applications to be sent to Mrs M. Patel (HR Administrator) by 10am on Monday, 16th September 2019
• Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees
• Interviews to take place on Thursday, 26th September 2019.