- Clinical Lead in Integrative Counselling (Higher Education)
- West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
- 0.4FTE, Permanent
- Salary: £33,113 - £36,581 FTE depending on experience
- UNIVERSITY STUDIES AT WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced part-time (0.4 FTE) UKCP/BACP registered Clinical Lead for our new BA (Hons) in Integrative Counselling degree to continue the success of the counselling offer within University Studies at WSC. You will join the Department of Health & Human Sciences and be responsible for setting up and growing the University Studies counselling service, through excellent management; working to develop systems and processes, to safeguard and manage the service; and offering expertise in clinical issues, and developments within the service provision.
The Clinical Lead will be qualified (minimum 3 years post qualification) with experience in running a counselling service, working with volunteer counsellors in placements, highly organised and have excellent communication skills.
A key part of your role will be mentoring and developing our teams of volunteer student counsellors, so they feel truly supported to give their best to our clients. As a Clinical Lead, you’ll bring a combination of clinical and management experience to ensure we deliver the highest standards of counselling and to spot areas for future development. While the Clinical Lead role is an opportunity to gain management and mentoring experience. You’ll also have a small, manageable caseload of your own.
- Keep accurate, detailed and timely records of exploratory assessment sessions.
- Maintain and develop appropriate systems to ensure the best use of trainee counsellor time.
- Monitor the provision of counselling to ensure all students work within their competencies, in accordance with BACP guidelines.
- Hold clinical responsibility for all client work.
- Support students and staff to collate all data required for service monitoring including client outcomes and feedback forms.
- Support and provide advice to students to ensure good safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults.
- Support student counsellors to provide a safe and effective counselling service to clients.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A Psychotherapy/Counselling qualification and solid understanding of Integrative approaches.
- Qualification in clinical supervision and post qualification status as a counsellor, or psychotherapist.
- Accreditation/registration as a counsellor, or psychotherapist and supervisor with BACP/UKCP/BPS or equivalent.
- An inspiring Clinical Lead that can raise aspirations and support learners in their progression.
- Up to date knowledge, experience, and expertise in Counselling, or psychotherapy education.
- A strategic awareness of the specialist discipline, and the ability to undertake appropriate forward planning in response to national, regional, and local policy developments.
- Professional experience in Counselling, and / or Psychotherapy, or related field.
- Conducting counselling / mental health assessments, including assessment of risk.
- Working with people with complex difficulties in a relevant context.
- Working within a higher educational or other complex organisational context.
- Experience of ensuring compliance with Academic Regulations and Procedures & Processes at programme level, including full engagement with the External Examiners.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have not heard from a member of the HR team within 14 working days, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th September
Interview Date: TBC
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms
West Suffolk College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years