KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are recruiting for a clinical psychologist as part of the expansion of our therapy team following the fire at Grenfell tower in June 2017.
· Carry out risk assessments on children and young people, and work under the management of the Assistant Principal-Inclusion and in collaboration with senior clinicians to manage these situations effectively
· Provide a specialised clinical psychology service to clients of the team, across all sectors of care; providing highly specialist psychological assessment, therapy and group work at the same time as offering advice and consultation on clients’ psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and to other, non-professional carers, working autonomously within professional guidelines.
· Consulting with teachers and parents and developing models of both long-term and short-term support
· Supporting the academy leadership to make evidence-based decisions about the best models and provisions for affected students
· Working strategically and systemically with the school to design and implement systems and processes to manage the increased and complex profile of need
· Supporting the academy in planning the move back to our original site
· Supporting the academy management to develop its internal systems for therapy referral, assessment and provision
· Line management responsibility for our in-house therapists, directly employed by the school.
· Opportunity for multi-agency working and liaison with specialist therapeutic support services (CAMHS, Place2be, Educational Psychology, MIND etc.)
· Help the school to think creatively about ways to build resilience and support wellbeing for staff, students and families.
· Carry out clinical assessments of young peoples’ needs, and support the school and local agencies to allocate the right level of support
· To work as an autonomous professional within BPS and HCPC guidelines and codes of conduct, and guided by principles and policies or procedures of the service, taking responsibility for interpreting policies within defined parameters.
· To agree outcomes/results with your line managers and to decide how they are best achieved.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am Monday 11th December 2017
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.