Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 7,200 students from K through 12 at 9 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
VAS has successfully implemented the two study pathways for its students, including: (1) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge Academic Programme (CAP) and (2) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge English Programme (CEP). Both study pathways are benchmarked with internationally and nationally recognized qualifications/certifications and carefully designed to suit students in Vietnam.
VAS welcomes interests and application from qualified experienced and enthusiastic teachers to share our vision.
Vietnam Australia International School (VAS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is looking for a Cluster Head of Primary with at least 2 years (full academic year) experience in the same position at an international or bilingual school; Cambridge International Curriculum experience is preferred. Candidates should come from a professional background of Bachelor degree or higher in education, or a relevant teaching subject, along with a valid teaching qualification.
Reporting to the Cluster School Director, the Cluster Primary Head Programme is responsible for the followings:
A/ General Responsibilities
· Co-ordinate and oversee the teaching and learning activities of the Cambridge Primary Department of the campuses within the cluster in charge (both CAP and CEP) to ensure adherence to achievement of the curriculum’s objectives
· Ensure efficient and consistent administration and management of the Cambridge Primary Programme (both CAP and CEP) in designated campuses such matters as teacher observation and evaluation; students assessment, testing and exam procedures / materials, grading and reports
· Supervise and evaluate the performance of all Cambridge primary teachers at designated campuses and ensure they meet the expected performance indicators
· Work hand in hand with the Group Primary Programme Coordinator, the Head of CEP Primary and the Central Academic Team to plan & order books and resources required for the curriculum delivery
· Work hand in hand with the Group Primary Programme Coordinator, the Head of CEP Primary and the Central Academic Team to evaluate existing framework, policies, procedures and practices, curriculum content and recommend solutions for further improvement
· Be responsible for the academic performance of the entire primary faculty of the designated campuses. This include the performance of Primary Checkpoint and all CEP relevant benchmark tests
B/ Teaching and learning
· Lead the teachers in the teaching of the respective subjects, and provide a role model for high quality teaching and learning and good teaching practices
· Ensure that examinations or other suitable methods of assessment are devised and applied at appropriate times; Ensure that all tests, examinations and assessments are based on the school-wide frame work and marked according to the school’s and curriculum accrediting bodies’ standards
· Monitor progress and evaluate the effects of any improvement strategies on teaching and learning by working alongside teaching staff; provide quality assurance of the designated campuses’ teaching and learning
· Take up to 25% sub-teaching load as and when required
C/ Responsibilities to Students and Parents
· Ensure that parents have clear and accurate information about their child’s progress; develop and maintain a friendly, open, supportive but firm relationship with parents of the designated campuses and their representatives in the spirit of the school’s Vision and Mission Statement; provide a process of reporting regularly to parents on student academic and social development
· Facilitate a smooth transition of students from Primary into Secondary, from CEP to CAP and vice versa, at the designated campuses
· Work hand in hand with the Group Primary Programme Coordinator to formulate and plan teachers training and professional development activities/programmes for teachers within the designated campuses and other campuses whenever possible
· Undertake the professional appraisal of teachers in charge following the agreed system-wide policies and KPIs
Benefits package includes competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, responsibility allowance, medical insurance, paid school holidays, tuition exemption for up to two children, flight reimbursement, visa reimbursement, settling-in allowance and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting July 26, 2018.
E-mail your CV directly to: email@example.com with a relevant position in the subject line providing a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, references (3+) and passport