Start date: January 2022
Job type: Part time (15-16 hours per week), Permanent - Monday to Friday (two or one shifts per day), 7 – 9am and 4 – 7pm
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and supportive College Cleaner. The position is part time, working for 15 hours per week over flexible shirts; either 7-9am or 4-7pm.
As a College Cleaner at St Francis Xavier Sixth Form College, you will be an integral part of Estates Team and will be cleaning the college to a high standard for our young people.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking and has a passion for cleaning. You’ll have a good eye for details, as you’ll be reporting any damages, faults and repairs to the Estates Management Team. You will carry out cleaning and waste disposal duties throughout the college premises as determined by the Estates Manager, use all cleaning equipment, materials and machinery as supplied by the college and in accordance with health and safety procedures and assessments, participate in staff training sessions regarding safe working practices and procedures.
- Previous cleaning experience is desirable but not essential
- Flexible and willing to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Understand, and a commit to, the ethos and College’s Equal Opportunities Policy and contribute to the implementation of the ethos and policy through the duties of the post.
- Understand, and a commit to, the College’s Health & Safety Policy and act, at all times, within the scope of this policy and must retain an awareness of the work environment, ensuring the safety of students, colleagues and self.
What we offer:
• Annual Leave - 20 days per year,
• Local Government Pension Scheme,
• Employee assistance programme,
• Excellent training opportunities,
• Free use of our state-of-the-art fitness suite,
• Free staff fitness classes,
• Cycle to work scheme, and
• On site free parking, to name a few.
• London weighting
How to apply:
Please submit fully completed application form. Please note, CVs will not be accepted. For more information about the College please visit our College website www.sfx.ac.uk For more information about the role, please contact Anna Mason on 02087726094.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms must be submitted by Sunday 5th December 2021
Interviews will be held w/c Monday 6th December 2021
All successful candidates must be willing to undergo a DBS Police check.
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be shortlisted for interview.
SFX is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Education through a Christian Community
Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form College is a dynamic and ambitious sixth form college of 1250 students situated within the London borough of Wandsworth. The College educates 16-19 year olds offering courses in A-Levels, BTECs and UAL. The Co...