Dates: Apply by: Midday on Monday 1st March.
Interviews: Week commencing 8th March.
Start date: Monday 19th April.
Salary: Nursery Finance Officer (2 days a week) – Grade 13 Scale Point 7 – 8, depending on experience. £20,092 - £20,493 pro-rata, this equates to an approximate salary of £6,767 to £6,902 before deductions.
School Administration Assistant (3 days a week) – Grade 15 – 14, Scale Point 3 -4, depending on experience. £18,562 - £18,933 pro-rate, this equates to an approximate salary of £9,375 to £9,565 before deductions.
Contract type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week) – 2 days a week in the Nursery and 3 days a week in the School Office, term time only, (38 weeks a year).
Contract term: Permanent.
North Town Primary School (part of the Richard Huish Trust) are seeking to appoint a professional, organised and efficient Nursery Finance Officer and School Office Administration Assistant.
The Nursery Finance Officer will perform a range of essential duties, leading on financial, SIMS and HR processing in support of the Nursery Managers and supporting the commercial activities of the Nursery. To effectively perform their role, the Nursery Finance Officer will need to be highly organised with excellent IT skills and able to juggle a range of priorities and duties. The ability to work and engage with colleagues across the Nursery, professionals and parents is essential, ensuring that a friendly and effective service is provided at all times. As is working independently with own initiative.
Nursery Finance Officer role – The successful candidate will:
• Be highly numerate, with an excellent knowledge of finance and budgeting requirements.
• Be highly organised with an ability to proactively manage workload, competing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Be enthusiastic, with an outgoing personality and a clear sense of customer service that represents North Town Nursery in a positive and professional way.
• Have excellent IT skills including the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Have excellent administration skills.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage positively with staff, parents and carers face to face, by phone and email.
• Have knowledge of nursery software including First Steps, Tapestry and SIMs (desirable).
School Administration Assistant - The successful candidate will:
• Have recent and relevant administrative experience within an educational or business setting.
• Be able to communicate effectively with children, parents, external organisations and colleagues at all levels using a variety of mediums.
• Perform a range of administrative tasks with meticulous attention to detail.
• Work accurately, pay attention to detail and deliver quality in all aspects of the role.
• Have a dedication to providing the highest standard of customer service.
Our school can offer:
• An opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of young people.
• A supportive school community including children, parents, staff and governors.
• A welcoming and enthusiastic environment with a talented and dedicated staff team.
• Opportunities for continuing professional development
All successful candidates will need to be compliant with School requirements of reference checks and provide at least 2 satisfactory references.
Application packs are available on our website www.northtownschool.org.uk or by emailing NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk. Please contact the school office for paper copies.
Completed applications should be sent to NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk. Applications received that do not contain a fully completed application form will not be considered.
It is the school’s policy to obtain references in advance of an interview. Candidates who do not wish for a reference to be taken in advance will not be short-listed for interview.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility.
North Town Primary School and Nursery