We look for outstanding staff whose work is characterised by passion, the ability to inspire others, excited by the opportunity to make a difference and committed to helping young people find their grand passion in life! Set on a beautiful 100-acre campus south of the historic city of Hyderabad, the Aga Khan Academy is part of a network of Academies which will eventually form an inter-connected global learning community of 18 schools in 14 countries. Based on the vision of His Highness the Aga Khan, the Academy deliberately recruits young people from a diversity of backgrounds and irrespective of their ability to pay. Our holistic approach enables young people to become ethical leaders empowered to make a positive contribution in a changing world. Children’s needs are at the heart of the Academy’s focus and high quality pastoral care is paramount.
• Ensure that all Academy communications materials, and those for external use in particular, support the notion of excellence in education through their presentation and messaging, based on the framework provided by the various communications guidelines (currently under development).
• Ensure that all communications materials intended for publication in any media are shared with Communication Specialist during the development process and prior to publication to ensure consistency of messaging, approach, style and visual identity across the Aga Khan Academies network.
• Review and proofread communications materials for grammar, style and messaging prior to publishing in electronic or print media.
• Ensure that communications materials adhere to the Aga Khan Academies visual identity guidelines (currently under development).
• Advise others/individual departments at the Academy on the development and production of communications materials, according the framework provided by the guidelines documents.
• Ensure that the core content on the school website is reviewed regularly and kept up to date (e.g. faculty list).
• Work with others at the Academy to generate news stories, including both text and images, for the website. This could include reporting on events directly and/or reviewing and editing articles written by others (teachers, students, other staff)
• Post time-sensitive content to the website on a timely basis (e.g. weekly menu, news articles, alerts on upcoming events and important dates, In the Press articles, updates to the school calendar, school newsletters).
• Coordinate the writing/editing of spotlights that highlight members of the Academy community (students, parents, faculty).
• Contribute to and/or write feature articles for the website and the Aga Khan Academies network newsletter.
The requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications/media studies or a related field.
• Strong oral communication, and excellent writing and editing skills in English. Fluency and literacy in the national language would be an asset.
• The awareness and ability to direct and produce content across various platforms, including online, print and audiovisual.
• Interest and ability to work with digital media and content management systems.
• Sense of audience awareness and the importance of tailoring content for different audience groups.
• Attention to detail.
• The ability to collaborate and work constructively as part of a team.
• High degree of efficiency and responsiveness, especially regarding time-sensitive issues.
• Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
• Professionalism and sensitivity to issues of confidentiality.
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 18 years