Communication Support Worker – hourly paid
Play a vital role for the Centre for Deaf Education, working within the Deaf Access and Interpreting team
We’re looking for organised, proactive and passionate Communication Support Workers to provide communication support for deaf and hard of hearing students in further and higher education colleges and universities across London. This includes fluent BSL users and students with complex needs and low-level language.
C2 paygrade - CSWs with BSL level 3 or 6 only.
C3 paygrade - CSWs with BSL level 3 or 6 PLUS a deaf study related degree or a CSW qualification or teaching qualification or approved interpreter training.
C2 - £18.11 per hour (min 2 hr bookings) C3 - £23.40 per hour (min 2 hr bookings)
(Hourly rates inclusive of pro-rata holiday entitlement and administration allowance) plus additional travel rate of £12.45 ph.
Hours: As and when required during the day (term-time), according to availability. We cannot guarantee a minimum number of hours.
Location: Travel to various colleges and universities around London.
What we are looking for:
- C2 paygrade CSWs: You must have a minimum of BSL level 3 (Signature/CACDP/iBSL)
- C3 paygrade CSWs: Minimum level 3 BSL PLUS a recognised CSW qualification, Deaf Studies degree (or equivalent qualification), teaching qualification, or interpreter training,
- Competency in English and Maths with a minimum level 2 qualification (GCSE grade A-C or equivalent).
- Experience of working with deaf students in a support role and knowledge of issues related to education and deaf people and the ability to explain and promote understanding of these issues to teaching staff and other students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to be flexible and proactive in your approach
Enjoy our vast array of benefits
As an employee at City Lit you will enjoy automatic enrolment to a contributory workplace pension scheme, 85% discount on City Lit Courses and a season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
To apply please follow the link provided which will take you to our online portal: https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/citylit/vms/e/careers/search/new
Closing Date for completed applications: 23:59, Thursday 13th December 2018
City Lit promotes and values equality and diversity