Communication Support Worker
Kirklees and Calderdale
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Vision for Education (part of TES) are a well-respected education specialist supply agency. Our Huddersfield branch covers Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield.
We are currently recruiting for Communication Support Workers to provide signing support to hearing impaired students in a Further Education environment. The positions are full and part-time, to start September 2020, on a temporary basis for the full academic year.
Working towards the individual learners needs on a 1:1 basis in a classroom environment and providing additional study support when needed. The position would include liaising collaboratively with colleagues across the college and maintaining student records. BSL Level 2 or above is required.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have BSL Level 2 or above
- Have experience of working with hearing impaired students
- Have Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Support Workers
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of our supply team you will benefit from:
- Excellent hourly rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Child Protection in Education qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Secondary Education team at the Huddersfield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.