Communication Support Worker
£14-£15 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a BSL Level 2 qualification.
Ongoing throughout academic year. Full and Part-Time.
We are currently recruiting for Communication Support Workers to provide signing support to hearing impaired students. Work towards the individual learners needs on a 1:1 basis in a classroom environment and providing additional study support when needed. The position would include liaising collaboratively with colleagues across the establishment and maintaining student records.
To be considered for the Communication Support Worker position, you will:
- Have experience working with hearing impaired students
- Have a qualification in BSL Level 2 or above
- Have a high level or literacy and numeracy
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of support workers
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a Communication Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Secondary Education team on 01484 642892.
Vision for Education Ltd