We are looking to recruit a full time, highly motivated and outstanding Communications Support Worker. This is a key role within the school for someone who really wants to make a difference to our young people in a safe, respectful, learning environment. We are looking for a new member of staff to join our team from September 2019. This is a fixed term post from September 2019 to March 2021 with a view to extend subject to pupil intake.
The Deaf Pupil provision is a key area of the school, and the successful candidate will be instrumental in supporting a creative and modern curriculum that fulfils and challenges the needs and aspirations of our young people.
We welcome applicants from a Primary or Secondary background.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a person who thrives in a fun, yet challenging environment
- Have a passion for building strong relationships with young people through restorative working
- Be someone who is resilient and approachable
- Be a good communicator who is able to inspire and motivate pupils but also who can remain calm under pressure and have a sense of humour.
In return, we can offer you:
- A school community with a creative approach to working with young people
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- A friendly and supportive staff team, dedicated to improving pupil outcomes and life chances
- A Senior Leadership Team that encourages team working, innovation and staff encouraged to use solution-based thinking.
The pupils, staff and Governors warmly invite you to visit us and see the ‘Southcote Community” in action. We are sure you will experience our friendly, relaxed atmosphere and get a taste of how rewarding your work will be.
To apply, please visit our website http://www.philipsouthcoteschool.co.uk/vacancies/ where you will find the job description and application form. Completed Application Forms should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 12 Midday, 19 March 2019
Philip Southcote School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This position requires an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references in line with our Safer Recruitment checks.