'Active Citizens Future Leaders'
Community Liaison Worker
Grove Academy, Slough
Salary: LEVEL 4 SCP 8 – 19,748.08 FTE £21,442
37 hours per week - Term-time + 3 weeks (42 weeks)
Permanent Contract (subject to probationary period)
Looking for a new challenge?
Due to our expansion, an exciting opportunity has become available at our state-of-the-art school. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and shape the future success of Grove Academy and its children. In fact, there couldn’t be a better time to join the team than now as we look forward to increasing our pupil numbers and have just moved into our brand new building.
At Grove, we are passionate about our children, teaching and learning and developing our staff. We are a growing school with an expanding team and we are seeking a motivated and committed Community Liaison Worker to work with our students and their families.
What can we offer you?
- Amazing children who are respectful, engage with their learning and appreciate the work that we do with them
- An exciting place to work where you will feel valued for all your hard work
- A wonderfully welcoming and supportive team
- Relevant CPD to further develop your knowledge and skills and support where needed to achieve your best
- A forward thinking school where new ideas are welcomed and encouraged
We are looking for someone who:
- is a dynamic and passionate practitioner with high standards who leads by example
- can translate documents when required
- has strong IT skills to use data available on the school system and provide reports when required
- recognises the importance of children’s mental health and well-being
- thrives when working as part of a team but also embraces working independently
- is both dedicated and excited about supporting our children to reach their potential and is ambitious for their futures
- is interested in having a positive impact on the life chances of children in our local area
Grove Academy is a new and expanding free school which opened in September 2017 and is the first all-through school to open in Slough. We initially opened with Reception, Years 1, 2, 3 and 7 on a temporary site and have just moved into our brand new building in Chalvey.
Grove Academy is the second school opened by The SASH Education Trust (Slough Association of Secondary Head teachers) and we benefit enormously from the support and collaboration of the 14 secondary Head teachers in Slough.
If you feel excited about joining our team and can commit to our relentless drive in improving life chances for our young people then we would love to hear from you.
Please visit our website for the job description, person specification and application form or click on the links on the TES website. Your supporting statement should reference the job description.
All completed applications should be returned to Sarah Janes, HR Officer, at email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 13th December 2021 at 10am
We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Grove Academy is the first all-through school to open in Slough and provides high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. Grove is the second school to emerge from the unique collaboration of secondary schools in Slough. They creat...