Would you like to join us on our journey to become an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community? Do you care enough to want to make a significant difference to the lives of our amazing students? If so, we would love to offer you the exciting opportunity to join our highly dedicated staff as an inspiring and highly motivated specialist teacher of Computer Science, i-Media and Digital Skills.
Currently, we do not offer Computer Science at GCSE however, as a vacancy has now arisen, this is something that we are committed to providing as part of our curriculum and wish to pursue, for introduction in September 2022. The successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to shape and develop the curriculum so that it inspires, engages and challenges students. I-Media is a popular and well-regarded subject within the academy which has achieved strong results in recent years. Students study for the OCR Cambridge National qualification. Digital skills is currently taught at Key Stage 3 to prepare students with the necessary tools to use ICT confidently to support their learning across all subjects.
We are a rapidly improving school, as recognised by Ofsted in November 2018, with good leadership and management and an excellent behaviour policy. In our school students are ready to learn and ‘low level disruption is rare’. We pride ourselves on being an ‘academy of opportunity’ for all with excellent relationships between staff and students. As a member of staff you will be highly valued and will be supported to flourish within the academy.
Every member of staff receives bespoke support and development through our in-house coaching programme as well as additional professional development opportunities to promote further progress and career enhancement. We are committed to challenging, supporting and developing staff and students to ‘Aspire to Greatness’ so that we become the best that we can be. In a recent survey 98% of staff said they were proud to be a member of staff at The Dorcan Academy with almost 95% stating that they enjoy working here. 100% said that they support the vision of the academy.
Although we don’t boast a shiny new building, we do have excellent facilities, with a supportive, friendly school culture and ethos which is often commented upon by visitors.
We will offer you:
• A supportive and bespoke staff induction programme
• High quality professional development, including an additional £1000 Bursary to support your CPD if you are an Early Careers teacher (Years 2 – 4)
• Additional non-contact time if you are an Early careers teacher or NQT
• Unrivalled support from the leadership team
• Excellent specialist facilities and resources
• Committed staff who ‘go the extra mile’
• Motivated, enthusiastic students who are ready and eager to learn
• Cycle to work scheme
The Dorcan Academy is an 11-16 academy situated on the eastern edge of Swindon with a comprehensive, challenging and enriching curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities.
Our vision is to be an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community.
We aim to do this through our:
1) Culture - An inclusive school where everyone is valued, cared for and nurtured in an extraordinary way.
2) Curriculum - Students acquire ‘powerful knowledge’ and skills that prepare them fully for the world work and their wellbeing, delivered through outstanding teaching
3) Character - Students stand out as model citizens, showing kindness, respect and doing their best
4) Community - All stakeholders use their unique gifts and talents to serve others and enable them to flourish
At The Dorcan Academy our ethos is underpinned by the five principles of: Belonging, Purpose, Aspiration, Perseverance and Achievement and seek to develop in our students the character virtues of Honesty, Integrity, Compassion, Courage, Generosity, Gratitude, Personal Responsibility, Resilience and Self-Discipline.
The Dorcan Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday 17 September 2021 at 12 noon
Pay Scale: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: January 2022 (with the option to start earlier for an NQT)
Permanent Contract available
This vacancy may close early if a suitable candidate is found
The Dorcan Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for visiting our employer profile. We hope you’ll enjoy learning more about the excellent opportunities at The Dorcan Academy and living in the nearby area. Our staff are prepared to "go the extra mile" for our enthusiastic students a...