Impington Village College (IVC)
Computer Science Lead Practitioner
Required: January 2020/Easter 2020/September 2020 (flexible)
Salary: IVC Leadership Scale 3-7
This role, suitable for an experienced Lead Teacher looking for a promotion to a senior middle leadership position, is a unique chance to develop your leadership capacity and transform your career opportunities. This is an exciting new role, arising from the expansion of our Computer Science department, where you will have the opportunity to shape the future of Computer Science in the College.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
• £2000 Personal Professional Development Bursary including funding and support to complete Masters Level qualification in Educational Leadership and Management
• Coaching from a member of SLT
• 2 Year Professional Development Programme in Leadership and Management and the opportunity to complete accredited courses including the NPQML or NPQSL in 2021-22
Following a very successful Ofsted inspection in spring 2016, Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 95% of grades at 4-9. You will also be joining the College as it embeds a transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector.
Computer Science outcomes at IVC are consistently excellent for both attainment and progress. In the first year two years of the reformed GCSEs, the results have been very strong, with 14% of all students obtaining a Grade 9 and 95% achieving at least a Grade 4. Computer Science is a very popular subject at IVC and is taught throughout years 7-11, with Creative iMedia also delivered in years 9-11 as part of our KS4 curriculum. This post also offers the potential for developing provision to include courses at KS5 within our outstanding sixth form.
You will be joining an innovative and collaborative faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development and to developing students' love of Computing. You will be well supported in the faculty by a dynamic and highly experienced Assistant Principal, and will lead three other colleagues who teach within the department. The team run a range of exciting extra-curricular activities, including preparing for the TeenTech Awards, coding and robotics.
With your knowledge and passion for Computer Science you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and to establish your own vision for delivering a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Morris Education Trust (MET) can offer you:
• a competitive salary including a recruitment and retention allowance for the right candidate
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload
• further reduction in contact time for teachers new to the College, to support effective transition into post
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance and where flexible working is encouraged
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 7 October 2019
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College and please contact Valerie Hastings email@example.com to arrange a visit.