This is an exciting opportunity join a forward-thinking, dynamic school that provides high-quality learning and teaching to children of British and other international families in the heart of Tokyo. This position will commence in August 2021.
A BST we have teachers who demonstrate:
• Innovative and exciting lesson design and delivery
• Excellent organisation, commitment and work ethic
• High expectations and the ability to effectively differentiate to meet all needs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Being team player that is able to adapt and work in an exceptionally busy and successful department
• Willingness and ability to take on an extensive extra-curricular role
• A passion for your subject and a genuine care for the wellbeing of young people
• Determination and ability to supply the best educational experience in the world
We can offer:
• Highly-motivated, engaged and very well-behaved students
• Maximum class size of 22
• Well-resourced classrooms with interactive whiteboards and laptops
• On-going INSET and CPD to support innovative practice
• An attractive salary and benefits package including relocation, accommodation and health insurance
About the School
The school was established in 1989 and is committed to providing a British-style international education of the highest quality.
Located at the heart of one of the most exciting cities in the world, the school’s strong reputation for high quality holistic education is well established and it is a truly international co-educational school with over 1000 students aged between 3 and 18, representing over 65 different nationalities.
The school is well known internationally for its high academic standards, for the care they take with each individual student of any ability and for the happy, multicultural environment that they provide for learning and play.
The English National Curriculum provides the basis for smooth progression and easy transition between the Primary and Secondary sectors, and examination results have been outstanding in recent years. A growing emphasis is placed upon ensuring students take ownership of their learning, are challenged in their education, for character strengths to be developed and increasingly for the curriculum to be organised through big ideas and concepts.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th February, 2021 - midnight UK time
Longlisted applicants interviewed the week beginning: Monday 1st March, 2021
Shortlisted applicants interviewed the week beginning: Monday 8th March, 2021
BST may contact applicants before the deadline has passed to arrange interviews.
Please apply via the School’s application portal here https://www.bst.ac.jp/employment/
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check or International Child Protection Check.
An attractive package including accommodation will be extended to the successful candidate.
The British School in Tokyo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years