Applications are invited from Computing (IT) teachers who wish to join our new EYFS, Primary and Secondary school in Mandalay, Burma. The successful candidate will:
- hold at least a good honours degree;
- hold a recognised teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE or PGCEi);
- have experience and excellent knowledge of teaching children at Key Stages 1, 2 and 3 levels;
- have experience working with students for whom English is not their first language;
- have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience;
- be willing to participate in educational visits as the school is striving to develop a comprehensive program of such visits and participation by teachers in these visits is essential;
- be asked to run one after school activity once per week each term;
- have a positive and solution finding approach to their working life;
- appreciate the joys and challenges of working in an international school environment;
- relish the challenge of working in a new school.
Candidates with experience of teaching in an international primary school and / or a start up school are especially welcome. Experience of working at a CIS member / accredited school would be an added advantage but is not essential.
If you would like to be considered for this post, please apply with a full CV (including three professional referees and a recent photograph), plus a letter of application, both of which should be sent to Steven Middleton, Head of School at email@example.com.
The following statement must also be included in your application, either as part of your letter of application or as a separate document, and must be signed. A scanned signature is acceptable at this point in the application process.
"I confirm that I have not been convicted of any criminal offences or been involved in any disciplinary proceedings that have led to me being barred from working with school aged children."
Closing date: March 24th 2019
I would like to thank all applicants for their interest and for taking the time to apply; however please note that only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place on a rolling basis as soon as suitable candidates are identified.