Nestled between the Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, RAK Academy Family of Schools is based in Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost Emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport, the Academy provides UK and IB education to over 3500 students from 88 nationalities across its 5 schools, each with its own unique character.
The RAK Academy Family of Schools is fully accredited with the International Baccalaureate (IBO), Council of International Schools (CIS), British Schools Overseas (BSO) and a member of British Schools of the Middle East (BSME). It is also inspected by the UAE Ministry of Education. We are seeking a talented Information Technology/ Computing teaching colleague who wishes to be part of a professionally dynamic, supportive and forward thinking learning community, in a safe, family-friendly setting. The successful candidate should:
-hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE/GTP), with QTS. Exceptional candidates with a relevant degree in Computing and without a teaching qualification will also be considered.
- have a track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice and be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
- have experience working with block-based programming languages such as Scratch. Experience of textual programming languages such as Python will be considered a added plus.
- have experience working with microcontroller or robotic hardware such as BBC Micro:bit, Crumble, EV3, Sphero, etc.
- is passionate about Computer Science, Programming, and Technology in general.
- have a good ability to use IT to support teaching and learning.
- be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate and be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff.
- be keen to be involved in extra-curricular activities and after school programs.
- most importantly of all, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers a competitive, tax-free international salary and benefits package, comparable to other international schools in the region. To apply for this position please use 'Quick Apply'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone child protection screening and any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks.