We have an exciting opportunity for a Construction Technician to join our Construction department. As a Technician, you would provide technical support for the delivery of the Construction Curriculum. The department for Construction delivers a range of training and learning programmes covering: Bricklaying, Bench Joinery and Site Carpentry, Plastering, Electrical Installation and Plumbing.
As a Construction Technician, you would be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment used by students, develop and build rigs or models for assessment purposes, carry out routine maintenance of equipment and workshops and ensure adequate stock levels of materials are maintained.
As a Construction Technician, you should:
- Hold a Level 2 qualification or equivalent in a relevant construction vocational area
- Hold a First Aid qualification, or willingness to achieve one within 6 months
- Have GCSE English A*- C and Maths A*-C or equivalent qualification (new grading 9 - 4)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A wide range of experience and specialist vocational skills gained within the Construction industry
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with all students
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 17 October 2017
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.