- passionate about improving outcomes for children and allowing teachers to become more effective leaders of learning in school?
- an experienced Key Stage 2 teacher or a Key Stage 3 Maths, English or Science teacher with an outstanding knowledge of the primary and/or secondary curriculum who has an interest in new and innovative ways of teaching and learning?
If so, apply to become a Primary or Secondary Content Author at Learning By Questions and join us on our journey.
Learning By Questions has developed an on-line learning platform based on a pedagogy of timely feedback and intervention. Using a wide range of classroom devices, students are able to work through question sets at their own pace. When students answer correctly, they are moved forwards to more challenging questions. Wrong answers are followed by immediate feedback formulated to develop understanding and guide learning. Teachers have immediate insight into where they need to intervene. This means that feedback and intervention happen in the moment when the impact on learning and progress is greatest.
What we need
We are currently developing a bank of question sets which are being tested and evaluated by primary and secondary teachers as part of a joint feedback project with the Institute of Effective Education at York University. Although this project is specifically looking at Maths, we will be extending our question sets to English and Science.
We need teachers who are able to create content, write appropriate feedback and identify common misconceptions. We are looking for people who:
- have recent experience at Key Stage 2 or 3
- possess an in-depth knowledge of the primary/secondary UK curriculum
- have experience of putting AfL theories into practice
- have a thorough and keen eye for detail
- are able to write to a professional standard (following a style guide)
- are able to demonstrate an excellent command of English grammar
- are comfortable using an online platform to author questions
- have experience using technology in the classroom - IWB, tablets, etc
- have good time management and organisational skills
- are able to work collaboratively with other teachers with both primary and secondary backgrounds.
- have good communication skills and are able to highlight issues or offer advice unprompted
- are able to demonstrate initiative and offer ideas while working within broad guidelines.
Experience in designing and writing questions would be desirable.
In addition, primary and secondary maths teachers should be:
- familiar with the mastery approach; eg Shanghai or Singapore maths
- familiar with the Concrete, Abstract, Pictorial approach to maths.
Learning By Questions offers a relaxed, supportive working environment with flexible working hours. We offer 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and a range of benefits on successful completion of a probationary period.