This is an outstanding opportunity for the successful candidate to lead and develop the WBS CCF and would suit a recently retired Commissioned Officer or a current CCF officer who has experience as OC of a CCF service Section, or perhaps be an existing Contingent Commander, eager for a fresh challenge.
The Contingent Commander reports directly to the Assistant Head Co-Curricular and leads the CCF on behalf of, and is accountable to, the Headmaster.
We seek to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual to:
• Be responsible for the day to day running of the CCF.
• Lead the continuing evolution of the CCF as a central activity in the co-curricular life of the school.
• Ensure that CCF weekends are coordinated with other extracurricular activities and entered into the school calendar
• Inspire and motivate the pupils and staff across all CCF Sections.
• Promote and co-ordinate the role of the CCF in our twice-yearly Field Day activities, and across the school year.
• Provide a disciplined organisation within the School, which enables students to exercise responsibility and leadership.
• Take an active role in promoting the benefits of outdoor education to students in and outside the CCF.
For further information on West Buckland School please visit the school website at www.westbuckland.com
Please complete the TES application form, or schools application form, and return in line with the detail in the job specification document (both available on the school website).
Closing date for applications: 15th April 2020.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emailed applications are welcomed, but please do not also post.
West Buckland School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service. The post is defined as being within the scope of Regulated Activity.