Coordinator of Physics
We are seeking to appoint a coordinator of Physics to lead the subject within the Science department. We are seeking an outstanding practitioner to work alongside the coordinators of Biology and Chemistry in supporting the Director of Learning in moving the department forward. The school has recently joined with the Institute of Physics to become a Future Physics Leader Partner school which will provide additional support for you in your new role. We are also part of a network of IoP schools which will offer specific training for Physics specialists across the year. The sucessful candidate will bring with them theri enthusiasm for science as well as Physics and the capacity to inspire and motivate both students and staff.
We are keen to hear from candidates who will:
• Take the lead in inspiring and motivating the science team in the teaching of Physics and improving outcomes.
• Be responsible for continuously improving the quality of teaching and learning of Physics in the department.
• Be responsible for monitoring pupil progress in Physics
• Play a major role in the improvement of science outcomes working alongside other postholders within the department.
• Make a significant contribution to all aspects of the wider science curriculum.
Penketh High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday 18th May 2018 (3pm)