1 x 20 hours a week, term-time only (36 weeks)
Please note that this position operates on rota. The pattern will change each week and includes earlies and lates
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding catering department at Stafford College working in the new Costa coffee. This role will include preparing food and drinks and serving customers at the Costa provision, taking payments and using a till and keeping areas clean.
To be successful, you will ideally have previous experience of working in a customer service role or catering environment. You will be enthusiastic with a desire to provide excellent customer service
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the costa coffee supervisor in preparing the coffee provision for opening
- Taking customer orders and payments
- Preparing and serving drinks orders, sandwiches and cakes
- Assisting with the daily and periodic clearing of the work areas and equipment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses as a minimum GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade A-C
- Experience of working in a customer service or catering environment
- Is energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated towards providing excellent food and customer service
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme • Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
To apply for this role, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
Closing date: 24th March 2019
Interview's to be held week commencing 1st April 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to Enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.