Mercy College, Mackay invite applications from suitably qualified Counsellors for the position of Permanent Full-time Counsellor. This position will commence on Tuesday 8 October 2019.
The Counsellor has a focus on fostering the development and mental health of all students, including those considered at-risk and those with special needs. This focus is achieved by applying counselling skills and engaging in individual interventions. This leads to more equitable educational access, participation and outcomes for all students. The counsellor is a certified professional who works with the school by contributing specialised knowledge and skills in a collaborative, collegial manner.
The successful candidate will also be required to:-
- Have a commitment to the ethos and values of Catholic Education
- Have relevant tertiary qualifications
- Have highly developed counselling skills
- Have a valid ‘positive notice blue card’ issued under the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000 as revised from time to time
We offer generous incentives including:-
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions of up to 12.75%
- Access to a free Employee Assistant Program (24 hour counselling service)
- Access to corporate health schemes with either Bupa of Westfund Health Insurance
For further information and to apply, please download the position description and an application using the links below. Applications are to be submitted via email to:-
Mercy College Mackay
Applications close 9am, Monday 26 August 2019.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Existing not to be different, but to make a difference...
About Mercy College Mackay
Location Cnr Penn & Juliet Streets
Mackay QLD 4740
Postal Address PO Box 5646
Mackay Mail Centre QLD 4741
Approx. Enrolment 960
Founded 1968 by the Sisters of Mercy
Parish St Mary’s Parish