The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, two-campus, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18, providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). The school follows the English curriculum, greatly enriched by the local and international context. Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
We are seeking a lively, dynamic Primary School Counsellor to join a team of hard working and well-motivated professionals who work cooperatively and imaginatively. We are specifically looking for a counsellor who will contribute to the further development of our dynamic school and can add to the existing vision and already very high pastoral standards.
The successful candidate will:
• Support primary students (age 3-11) who are experiencing problems, with the aim of managing and enhancing their emotional well-being.
• Show a good understanding of working within a Middle-Eastern setting and the current issues facing primary school students.
• Work with young people to improve their emotional well-being and resilience,.e.g. mindfulness, zones of regulation, etc
• Be aware of the ethical and professional guidelines pertaining to counselling and underpinning regular practice and ideally be a member of a professional body.
• Have proven experience in working with younger children in a school setting
• Have excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and a good sense of humour, effectively collaborating within a range of teams.
• Fully support the school Mission, Vision and Motto.
• Go the extra mile for students, contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme and community events.
We can offer:
• Highly motivated and engaged students.
• A school with a strong sense of community.
• A learning focused school committed to staff development.
• Motivated, hard-working and dedicated colleagues, who are committed to high quality learning, student well-being and co-curricular programmes.
• An excellent compensation package.
• The opportunity to live, work and travel in a unique, beautiful and fast changing country.
To apply, please follow the link: Apply Here and provide a supporting statement of application following our guidelines.
Closing date for all applications: 28th November, 2019.
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified.
For more information about the school please visit our website.