Course Leader for KS5 BTEC HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE (teaching experience in PE or Science preferred)
Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR 2a £2,667or 2b £4,443 (TLR negotiable depending on the experience of the successful candidate)
Required for September 2018
Working at Preston Manor means that you benefit from working in a school with a 80 year old reputation for success, whilst also enjoying the excitement and innovation of being part of a new school having recently become an all-through co-operative school. We are a large learning community with students from ages 4 – 19 years old and our curriculum expands across six key stages.
Joining us means you are joining an esteemed, outward facing establishment which is currently breaking new ground into its exciting future. We are oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour, excellence in teaching and learning, an inclusive and welcoming community. We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff-retention rates.
Preston Manor is a high achieving and successful school and is looking for an excellent teacher to lead this valued curriculum area, and to continue to build on its existing strengths and successes.
● have a passion for teaching and learning
● be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
● be an excellent practitioner
● lead by example and act as a strong role model to students
● have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
● be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills
● have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment through own practice
● be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
● have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
● be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
● motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
● a friendly and supportive team of teachers
● well-resourced facilities
● a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
● a strong commitment to professional development
The school is situated within sight of the iconic Wembley Stadium, and provides access to all that Wembley has to offer. The school benefits from fantastic links both through public transport and by car. It is a short 10 minute walk from Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations and a 10 minute bus journey from North Wembley Station. The Metropolitan, Jubilee and Bakerloo lines as well as the London Overground/Network rail are within easy reach of the school. Central London locations can easily be reached within 20 minutes from the school. The school is also accessible to major motorways (M25, M1, M40 and A40 etc.).
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality and well-resourced environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers.
"Students at Preston Manor are always aiming high supported by the teachers who push them further.’
‘Preston Manor is a vibrant, diverse and enriched community. The discipline and teaching is first-class, giving us a wider perspective of how the world around us works.’
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
For further information and an application pack, email email@example.com or download from website www.preston-manor.com
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 21 May 2018
Interview Date: w/c 21 May 2018
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.