Course Leader of Ethics and Philosophy
Part time, 0.467 FTE Permanent
Salary: £22,937 – £38,364 plus a management responsibility allowance of up to £1917 (paid on a pro-rata basis)
To start 10th July 2017
This role is an opportunity for an aspiring or existing course leader, whose primary purpose will be to enable students to make consistently good and outstanding progress. In addition, you will be involved in curriculum planning and development, supporting the Head of Faculty in ensuring continuous quality improvement within the subject and raising student achievement. As an outstanding teacher, you will be responsible for the quality of teaching, learning and assessment activities within Ethics and Philosophy.
We can offer you:
· A modern teaching area with up to date resources and ICT technology;
· A KS5 teaching timetable;
· Effective support for Professional Development
· A positive and supportive environment;
· The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
Are you someone who:
· Ensures consistently good/outstanding learning in Ethics and Philosophy?
· Is able to motivate and inspire students to raise attainment across all ability ranges?
· Is able to deliver outstanding lessons that lead to excellent results for students?
· Has extensive subject knowledge?
· Has strong communication skills?
We are a Sixth Form College with a diverse student community. 25% of our current students are from black or minority ethnic backgrounds and we are committed to constantly adapting our approach to meet the needs of all our learners. The successful candidate must have a commitment to high standards and hard work to secure high quality outcomes for all students, and be able to interact effectively with students of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within our teaching staff.
The College is committed to the Children's Act and all successful appointments will be subject to Barred List (formerly List 99) and DBS (formerly CRB) clearance.
This vacancy is only open to candidates who are eligible/have the right to work in the UK. Original documentation will be required as evidence.
To request an application form in an alternative format, please contact the HR Assistant on the same number.
Closing date: Friday 23rd June 2017.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held w/c 26th June 2017.