In this key role you will be responsible for arranging daily cover support for both planned and unplanned absences as appropriate and help in administration of the School Information Management System (SIMS). The ideal Cover & SIMS Administrator will be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and drive. Managing entire pupil records and the schools’ database, organisation and strong IT skills are essential. Ideally you will already have experience of working in a secondary school and will have knowledge and understanding of using of SIMS Management Information Systems. You will also be assisting with parent consultation evenings, coordinating room allocations and bookings and ensuring all safeguarding checks are in place for cover staff.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, A-Level students in 2016 attained substantially above the national average for A*-B grades, and we expect GCSE outcomes to be well above the national average when the first cohort of pupils take their examinations in 2017; Our sponsor University College London provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
Please note that interviews will take place on Tuesday 17th July and therefore you must be available to attend the Academy on this date.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills
- Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
- Have the ability to communicate on a range of different levels
- Excellent IT skills and SIMS knowledge
- Be flexible with working arrangements
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
- Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning – 50% of teachers are now enrolled in the coaching programme
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
- IT equipment for all staff members
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide
How To Apply:
To apply please request an application pack from Faye Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
The Academy holds the right to shortlist candidates prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: Monday 16th July at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.