Cover Assistant / Cover Supervisor
Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: Term-time only, 30 hours per week. Working hours are 08:15-15:15, with 20 minute break & 40 minute lunch
Scale: Grade 4, point 17-21, which is £17,772-£20,138 (FTE). The pro rata starting salary is £12,709.
This is a great opportunity to come and work in our highly rated secondary school in central Manchester. Our school was inspected by Ofsted in January 2014 and was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every category and ‘Outstanding’ for overall effectiveness.
We are now looking to appoint a suitably qualified or experienced person to undertake the classroom supervision of students throughout the school on a daily basis in the absence of teaching staff and to assist, as required, with duties, invigilation and in-class support.
The successful applicant will:
- have experience and an understanding of safeguarding and child protection issues, or be willing to undertake training in these areas;
- have numeracy and literacy skills of at least equivalent to RQF Level 2; good ICT skills are also desirable;
- ideally have experience of working in an educational setting and have effective behaviour management skills;
- be professional, flexible and innovative, with experience of undertaking a wide variety of duties and an ability to deal skilfully with unanticipated situations;
- have good communication skills with the ability to work well within a team, yet able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised utilising their own initiative;
- be well organised with an adaptable and positive approach to all aspects of their work.
Experience of working in a school environment is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided on safeguarding and school specific IT applications, such as SIMS, etc.
The closing date for applications is 09:00 on Monday 04 September. CVs will not be considered.
Trinity CE High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.