Salary: H5 £20,344 - £22,462 pro rata plus fringe allowance £874
Actual Salary: £9,744 - £10,717 including fringe
20 Hours per week term time only + 5 days
7am – 11am Monday to Friday
(some flexibility may be possible)
Job purpose: To ensure all lessons are staffed and deployed in appropriate rooms in response to any absence and school events, liaising with supply agencies where required.
The successful candidate will:
• Process and organise lesson cover for absent staff using either internal or agency staffing when required
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with all staff, students, visitors, agencies and supply staff.
• Liaise with supply agencies and book staff as directed by the Senior Leader in charge of Cover.
• Produce and publish the daily cover schedule.
• Produce absence statistics as required by the Senior Leader i/c cover
• Manage all room bookings and room displacements caused by school events.
• Forward plan for cover, assigning teaching staff, where required, on an equitable and fair basis.
• Line manage a small team of Cover Supervisors, including their induction, training and appraisal.
• Organise and provide induction and support for supply staff.
We can offer you:
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• A school rated Good by Ofsted where students’ behaviour is exemplary
• A professional working environment where teamwork is highly valued
• A partially selective school with a focus on academic achievement (Progress 8 in 2019 is +0.38)
• Admission criteria where preference is given to staffs’ children [This post is currently deemed a priority post]
• A school which invests heavily in the future with £3.5m recent school expansion and strong ongoing financial support from our Foundation and PTA
• A school in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate with a healthy income from other business lines
• A hugely talented and cohesive support staff
• An outstanding wellbeing programme offering:
o Flu jabs
o Complimentary access to our first-class Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Free eye tests
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants will be subject to a DBS check as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application form and details can be obtained from the School website, by calling the School on 01923 773296 or by email to email@example.com
Suitable candidates may be interviewed upon receipt of application.
CLOSING DATE: Midday Friday 15th November 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 19th November 2019