£18,870 – £20,541 pro rata £15,086 - £16,422 actual salary
35 hours per week, term time only plus 5 professional development days
Monday to Friday (07.30 to 15:10)
Hillsview Academy, which opened in September 2014, is an 11-19 academy of 660 students situated in the Teesville area of Redcar and Cleveland. We are within easy access of Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and only 10 minutes from the A19 motorway.
Since the amalgamation from two predecessor schools we have worked hard at establishing a new school community which we can all be proud of. Our students are proud to learn here and clearly want to be successful – all they need is you!
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor who:
- Can provide classroom cover for teaching staff who are absent from school and to fulfil the purpose of the role as stated in the Job Description and Person Specification
- Have excellent organisational skills as a requirement of the role is to produce the daily cover rota for the start of the academy day
- Is able to demonstrate robustness & resilience as the role can be extremely rewarding but very demanding. It is important to be able to maintain a level of calm and have excellent communication skills with both adults and young people. It is essential to have good organisational skills, ability to multitask and act as a role model for students.
- Will ensure that the classes are well managed and pupils work productively.
- Has good interpersonal skills and an understanding of adult-child relationships. This is an interesting post in which every day is different and personal initiative is required, as are good communication skills, effective planning and a proactive approach.
- Is enthusiastic, motivational and understands effective student learning.
- This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is looking to embark on a teaching career and wishes to gain classroom experience or for a qualified teacher who wishes to take on a different role within a school environment.
- Some invigilation of exams is also expected, as well as supervision of small groups of students on educational visits under the direction of the designated group leader.
This is a fantastic time to join us on our journey to becoming outstanding and be part of a positive culture and ethos that will ensure excellent outcomes for all students.
You will be joining an excellent, highly skilled team from across the Academy.
We actively welcome visits so you can learn more about us. Please contact Duncan Hyde (HR Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
This position is required for September 2018. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 22 June 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.