£20,306 per annum
Full time, Permanent
35 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Bexleyheath Academy is a large non-selective comprehensive school situated in the heartland of Kent grammar schools. We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. This is what motivates the team at Bexleyheath Academy. If you have an appetite for innovation; if you want to make a difference; if you want to make a lasting impact; then there are incredible opportunities for you at Bexleyheath Academy.
In September 2021, Ofsted judged Bexleyheath Academy as a Good School in every category, after the school was previously judged inadequate in November 2018. Bexleyheath Academy is a transformed school, and we’re looking for Remarkable People to join our team. Working alongside the Principal and the team at Bexleyheath Academy, you’ll work with determination to ensure that every student has a great experience, every day.
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor to supervise classes during the short-term absence of teachers. Bexleyheath Academy operates a 4-period day and lessons are 80 minutes in length. The Cover Supervisor may also provide support to the Academic Intervention programme. The cover supervisor will provide direction to students in the absence of their teacher, following guidance provided by a teacher. The primary focus of the role is to ensure that students are fully engaged in learning. The cover supervisor will be responsible for applying the Academy Behaviour Policy with consistency.
In the most recent inspection, pupils said that “the school had changed completely” and “how much better it is now because of the changes made by the Principal and his senior team. Pupils are proud of their school.”
- “Pupils say that school leaders are much more serious about learning now. Adults set them consistently high expectations. There are established routines in classes which help pupils enjoy learning and make progress. Lessons are hardly ever disrupted.”
- “Pupils enjoy coming to school and attend well”, they “actively demonstrate the school value ‘be big-hearted”.
- “Pupils are polite, friendly, and considerate. They actively demonstrate the school value ‘be big-hearted’. They help build the positive atmosphere in classes and around the school. Pupils who have arrived from other schools settle well, and say it is easy to make friends here.”
- Parents and carers praise the changes leaders have made
- The way in which pupils work in school has been “transformed”
Ofsted report (September 2021):
- An ambitious and broad Curriculum
- Pupils who make strong progress in their subjects, particularly English and mathematics
- Staff that are well trained
- A strong assessment system
- Successful support for weaker readers
- A wide range of opportunities for pupils’ personal development.
- A high quality careers programme
- Governors who know the school well and give leaders strong support
- Praise from Parents and carers
- Leaders who always put the needs of the child first.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 57 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Should you wish to find out more about what we do or would like to talk to the Principal directly, then please feel free to do so using email@example.com. We are always open to visitors at any point.
Closing date : 19th December 2021
Applications will be considered upon receipt (early applications are encouraged) and interviews will take place as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Bexleyheath Academy is a member of the London Academies Enterprise Trust, one of five schools in London serving over 5000 pupils. It is proud to be a non-selective school in the ...