We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional to join our student support team as a cover supervisor, to play a vital role in the school. Covering for short periods of absence is a rewarding job and one that provides valuable experiences in the classroom, if you are looking for a stepping stone in order to get into teaching. You will need confidence, with the ability to inspire and enthuse our students, so that they maintain their learning in the absence of their regular teacher.
You will need good interpersonal and organisational skills to lead planned lessons, with the ability to relate to the young people in our school. If you can embrace a challenge we will give you fantastic support and the opportunity to work with a team of energetic and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be able to gain satisfaction from helping students meet their aspirational targets as well as offer them pastoral links as a tutor.
We will offer you
- An identified experienced mentor and our Lead Associate Specialist Teacher, providing on call support where needed
- Invaluable experience covering classes across all year groups
- A shadow timetable when you are not ‘on cover’ to provide ample opportunity to observe classroom practice across a diverse range of disciplines
- Classroom support/development and quality CPD through our Teaching School
- Access to coaching and regular feedback to develop your teaching expertise
- Outstanding facilities in a recently built school
- Free car parking, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool and a range of wellbeing initiatives through our wellbeing committee
- A comprehensive induction programme.
If this is the next step you have been looking for, then come and see us in action and find out more about what this role can offer. If you would like to discuss this post further or arrange a school visit, please contact the Emma Over by email on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Find out more about us on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mlmgmD90fw Application forms can be downloaded off the school website and are to be returned to Emma Over on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Permanent, 30 hours per week (5 days per week), term time only plus 5 teacher training days
G3 - £16,123 TO £18,070 per annum (Pro rata to number of hours worked per week and weeks worked per year - £11,293 to £12,657 per annum). (£8.33 to £9.37 per hour)
Plus an enhanced salary/allowance for a subject specialist in English, Maths or MFL
Caludon Castle has an additional vacancy for a graduate to undertake an Associate Specialist Teacher Cover role. For further information please refer to the Associate Specialist Teacher advert on the school website – www.caludoncastle.co.uk – salary band £16,626 to £20,492 - actual salary or email Emma Over HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk