• Interested in pursuing a potential route into teaching
• Enthusiastic and committed and able to use your own initiative
• Able to relate to young people and inspire them to progress
• Seeking an opportunity to influence learning across the Academy/Trust
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy within the Maltby Learning Trust could be the place to develop your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our Cover Supervisor Team. The successful candidate will provide short term cover across all subjects and work in partnership with teaching staff and associate professionals in the planning, development and implementation of activities that support our existing curriculum.
We are seeking to appoint a graduate who is able to use their own initiative whilst also being able to relate well and establish a rapport with young people. The person appointed will be committed to securing student learning and progress while demonstrating flexibility and being able to work constructively as a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organisational skills and will be committed to securing student learning and progress in and across the curriculum. We welcome applications from unqualified teachers or graduates with an aspiration to teach and work within education.
The successful candidate will be:
• Able to inspire and enthuse students
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
• Able to role model professional standards and behaviours
In return we will offer:
• The potential to gain Qualified Teacher Status
• Learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Learning and Development
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
• The potential to work across the age and ability range
This post involves working with children and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Trust/Academy website. Completed applications, including an overview of how your skills and experience to date prepare you for this role, should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Mrs Nichola Winder, PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy.