Are you passionate about young people achieving their full potential? Do you want to work in a high achieving school striving for excellence for all?
Required as soon as possible, a dedicated, full time Cover Supervisor to work as part of a team whose duties include covering for absent teachers in the classroom, and supervising pupils throughout the subject and age range. You may also provide support within departments when not covering. Part time applicants would also be considered.
This position is term time only until 31 August 2019 in the first instance.
Working in partnership with the teacher:
• To instruct pupils in relation to the work left by the subject teacher
• To ensure pupils are provided with the necessary resources to facilitate learning
• To register and record pupil attendance in lessons
• To answer pupils’ queries in relation to the instructions left by the subject teacher
• To liaise with the Head of Department in relation to the work set by the subject teacher as appropriate
• To supervise the class for the duration of the lesson
• To ensure classes enter and leave classrooms in an orderly manner
• To ensure the classroom is left tidy and ready for the next lesson after dismissing the class
• To mark work as appropriate
• To report to the appropriate member of staff at the beginning of each day (8.45am)
• To assist in maintaining good order within the school, including undertaking duties as necessary
• To deal with, record and report incidents of inappropriate behaviour, in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy and procedures
• To support and supervise after school study activities
• To work with support staff allocated to the teaching area
• Work to agreed school policies and procedures
• Facilitating participation and learning, helping to build confidence and self-esteem, so that all pupils, including those who present challenging behaviour, are enabled to reach their full potential alongside their peers
Supporting the school by:
• Controlling behaviour of pupils around school and on the school site
• Ensure the good discipline of the school is maintained at all times
• Dealing with any accidents/liaising with a first aider as necessary
• Following school policies and procedures
• Helping with educational visits and outings
• Attending staff meetings, teacher training days and training courses as appropriate
• Undertaking any other duties that may be reasonably regarded as being commensurate with the grade and general purpose of the post
Applications to be emailed to HR@thesnaithschool.org.uk
Visits to the school are welcomed.