Ark Greenwich Free School
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work at one of the highest performing schools in the country (Evening Standard). If you want to work in a seriously ambitious, respectful and high performing school, this is the job for you. Click here to view our school video.
AGFS is a new, ambitious school model based on what we know excellent schools do. We have created a highly respectful and disciplined environment where our staff and scholars can fulfil their potential. Our aim is to consistently be amongst the highest performing schools in the country. Our 2020 Ofsted report said that, ‘this school could now be judged as Outstanding’.
Joining the school team is a superb opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual who wants to make a lasting difference to the communities they serve. AGFS exists to empower young people, regardless of socio-economic background, to grow and be successful. This is a driven and forward-thinking school that encourages innovation and values its staff. We are proud of our courteous and purposeful community and of the outstanding academic outcomes achieved by our scholars. Expectations for all members of our community are unashamedly sky high. We work tirelessly to impact the lives of the young people we serve.
The successful applicant will provide an exceptional service to students and staff by providing cover for short term absence of teachers, in addition to administrative support for the Exams Officer. This is a busy and highly important role within the school and would ideally suit someone who is passionate about education, has excellent classroom presence, is highly adaptable and can bring a range of skills and qualities to contribute to the growing needs of the school.
How is AGFS different?
• We are part of the Ark family of schools and benefit accordingly from outstanding networking opportunities and first-class CPD.
• Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning and have a 6pm/weekend work-related communication curfew to ensure our staff can maintain a work/life balance. We do not do knee jerk reactions, fads or last-minute deadlines. Our systems and processes for communication, marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research led and based on the needs of our local context.
• This is a small school model (600 scholars aged 11-16) because we believe that our close-knit community provides the optimum conditions for success.
• Behaviour for learning is exceptional so our teachers can focus their time on the things that matter – planning and delivering brilliant lessons for our scholars. We have applied to become a national behaviour hub school.
• This is a strict no excuses, no mobile phone school. That means scholars are not permitted to bring phones onto the premises.
• Our curriculum is traditional and academic, and we do not take shortcuts to boost our position in school league tables – we do not, for example, offer vocational courses or equivalencies such as BTECs or Vcerts.
• We put high-quality teaching at the heart of what we do. We are committed to providing staff with at least 1 hour of high-quality training each week. We run coaching for staff who want to see rapid progress in their discipline. Live coaching and current best practice in the field of education is central to our approach.
• We don’t grade individual lessons or ask for lesson plans.
• Our scholars enjoy a compulsory co-curricular program on a Wednesday afternoon which includes a strong focus on community volunteering, and we facilitate 12 drop-down days per academic year ensuring scholars benefit from a range of life-enriching experiences.
If you are ready to add further value to our SEND department and to become part of an organisation at the forefront of best practice in the field, then this could be the job for you. Alignment with the school’s vision, values and approach to education is essential.
About Ark Schools
Ark is a network of high-achieving, non-selective schools and one of the country’s top-performing academy groups. We run 38 academies in London, Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth educating more than 26,000 scholars. 83% of Ark schools are now rated as good or outstanding by Ofsted. Our aim is to create outstanding schools that give every scholar, regardless of their background, the opportunity to go to university or pursue the career of their choice.
To find out more about Ark Greenwich, please visit our website via www.arkgreenwichfreeschool.org
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Greenwich Free School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
We opened in September 2012 as a new Free School - a four-form entry, state-funded, mixed, non-denominational, 11-18 comprehensive school for the children of Greenwich. We are now full at 11-16. The School is extremely popular and is 6 times oversubs...