We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor / HLTA for a unique opportunity to work in a new school for young people aged 8-18. You will be someone who is passionate and highly motivated to achieve the best outcomes for the young people who join the school and help to create an outstanding centre of education.
You will be working in a hospital-based school for young people who have complex conditions such as eating disorders or ASD. Primarily, the role will encompass developing and managing our study support opportunities by assisting students in becoming successful independent learners, in addition to providing ward based support for students who may be to unwell to attend the dedicated on site school area.
If you are looking for a new challenge within the SEND sector, and are committed to making a difference for young people then this opportunity could be for you!
Full or part time considered (up to 37.5 hours per week)
- The opportunity to contribute towards a personalised curriculum that meets the needs of the individual learner
- Scope to contribute to a new school under our experienced Headteacher
- A package of benefits
The ideal candidate:
- Has relevant qualifications for an education setting
- Has previous experience of working with children in a school setting (secondary), including those with identified special educational needs
- Has excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- Has the ability to use their initiative to support the learning needs of all children and work well as part of a team
- Has hobbies / interests / skills that contribute to a wide curriculum offer
- Is confident, caring and patient
- Is interested in working with professionals from other disciplines
- Is committed to on-going training and development
We expect all candidates to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, all posts are subject to stringent recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS.
For further details and application form please contact Louise Robertson via email (email@example.com).
Please note the following:
- Applications are to be made using the Elysium Children and Education application form only, available from Louise Robertson, details above
- CVs will not be accepted
- No agencies please
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 21st May 2018
Interviews will be held WC 21st May 2018. We regret that if you have not heard from us by this time then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care and education where the people who use our service are placed at the heart of all aspects of schooling, residential placement or hospital treatment programme.
Our inclusive way of working has the individual as a true partner in their care and future goals. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent opportunities that truly benefit those who use our service.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 40 services strategically placed across England and Wales that includes hospitals, schools and residential care. Elysium Education Services is a trading name of Elysium Healthcare and represents our growing commitment to young people in this area.