We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to deliver cover provision at Kensington Aldridge Academy. The main job of the Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
About Kensington Aldridge Academy
KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 with just Year 7 and have grown year by year and are now a full school with 1,250 students in Years 7 to 13.
KAA has grown to become one of the top academies in the UK. DfE performance tables show we are in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of KS5 Progress. Our Ofsted report grades us outstanding in all categories and describes standards as “exceptional”. In 2018 we were awarded TES Secondary School of the Year.
• To provide classroom management of students in the absence of a teaching member of staff.
• To oversee and ensure the smooth running of extended school activities and any projects.
• To liaise with appropriate Heads of Department on work to be set for classes and on any behavioural matters.
• To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teachers’ lesson plans.
• Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
• Deal with any immediate problems according to the school’s policies and procedures.
• Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
• Report, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of pupils during the class and on any problems arising.
• Registering attendance in accordance with school policy.
• To undertake administrative duties relevant to the role
• Support the academies’ values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures
• Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
• Help develop an academy culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
• Vision aligned with KAA’s high aspirations and high expectations of self and other.
• To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the Academy’s priorities.
• To maintain a presence around the school to ensure that the highest standards of behaviour and site-usage are upheld.
• To undertake other related duties which may be required from time to time within a reasonable workload.
No job description can be fully comprehensive, and from time to time the successful candidate may have to undertake other professional duties as directed by the Principal.
• 180 school days, 10 training days (not 5 as you find in most schools) & 5 planning days per year, which include the opportunity for teachers to work from home.
• Two week half term in October.
• Professional development that is of a national standard. In Ofsted’s words: “Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff enjoy working at the school and benefit from high-quality training. Teachers new to the profession feel very well supported in settling into the school quickly and developing their practice.”
• Free weekly staff wellbeing activities; yoga, circuits, staff choir and art classes etc.
• Discounted membership of the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre.
Download the full candidate pack for more information about this position and the academy.
Please send completed applications to Payal Joshi at email@example.com by 9am on Monday 8th July 2019.
Early applications are encouraged and in the event that the academy is able to fill the vacancy before the deadline, it reserves the right to close the vacancy and won’t review further applications.