Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Principal: Rachel Macfarlane
Cover Supervisor/Learning Assistant needed to help shape an exceptional new school.
New all-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The school will grow, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students with specialist status in mathematics and music. In 2014 the primary phase of the academy opened to 90 reception-aged children. This too will grow each year, until full in September 2020.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of committed staff striving to create an excellent comprehensive school. We are looking for a dedicated Cover Supervisor/Learning Assistant to supervise whole classes across the academy, during the short-term absence of teachers. In addition, this role will provide in-class support alongside class teachers when not required to take classes of absent colleagues.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have experience of working effectively with secondary aged pupils
- have a clear understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
- be highly organised, have strong numeracy and literacy skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to different classroom settings
- be skilled at supervising students and establishing a constructive, safe and ordered atmosphere in the classroom
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
To apply and for more information on the role, please go to https://goo.gl/Cjzos6 . Please complete your application by Midday on Friday 19th March 2018.
If you have any technical issues with the application form please contact our recruitment team on 0208 911 6656. For a candidate information pack or an informal, confidential discussion please contact Adeel Hussain, Recruitment & HR Administrator, on 020 8911 6657 or email@example.com.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline: Midday on Friday 19th March 2018.
Salary: £20,599 to £25,239 pro rata per annum (Actual £18,094 to £22,170)
Hours: 36 hours per week, term time only plus one week
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.