We are seeking excellent Cover Supervisors to join our team of dedicated staff. The purpose of the role is to cover teachers' Planning, Preparation and Assessment (PPA) time and to provide short term sickness cover. This is an opportunity for TAs to develop their skills and gain experience of managing a whole class.
- To supervise work that has been set by a teacher and manage the behaviour of pupils to ensure a constructive learning environment
- To promote the inclusion and achievement of all pupils within the classroom
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to inclusion, child protection, behaviour management, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection
Do you have:
- Experience of working with children with a range of SEND
- A willingness to learn and the ability to take on fresh challenges and to maintain a calm and positive manner
- GCSE or NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths, or equivalent
- A degree and an interest in pursuing a career in teaching
We can offer:
- A “good” school (November 2017) with ‘outstanding’ judgement overall for personal development, behaviour and welfare
- A friendly and supportive team
- Well motivated, happy and friendly children who “bubble with enthusiasm” about their learning and their school
- TWO fantastic sites and extremely well-resourced learning environments
- A forward thinking school which welcomes fresh ideas
- The opportunity to shape the future of Lambeth’s largest primary school
- A supportive parental community who work alongside the school to develop excellence
- An active and outstanding governing body
- Opportunities for high quality professional development
To obtain a recruitment pack, including Job Description and Person Specification, please contact Gwen Watson by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download a recruitment pack from the school website www.juliansprimary.org.uk.
We actively encourage and welcome visits to the school by prior arrangement.
How to Apply:
Please send your completed application form (marked Private & Confidential) to Gwen Watson, PA to the Headteacher, Julian’s Primary School, 226 Leigham Court Road, Streatham, London SW16 2RB or email@example.com
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms: Friday 24th January 2020 at 9am.
Shortlisting date: Friday 24th January 2020.
Interview date: Monday 27th January 2020.
Lambeth Council is committed to safer recruitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.
Julian’s Primary School
226 Leigham Court Road, Streatham, London SW16 2RB