The Stockwood Park Academy have an excellent opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic candidate to join them as a Cover Supervisor. The purpose of the Cover Supervisor role is to provide teaching cover during short-term or planned teacher absences to implement lessons to students. You will join a small team who are dedicated in continuing educational provisions across all subject areas. This is a very critical role for our academy, and you will make a valuable contribution to our students and curriculum teams. This is an ideal role for any candidate wishing to work with students and in education.
• Support the teaching and learning of individual or groups of students, using support strategies appropriate to their learning needs.
• Contribute significantly to, the planning of teaching and learning work programmes and activities to achieve the aims of lessons.
• Contribute to the monitoring, recording and assessment of student progress through observation and questioning, against student targets
• Contribute to the development of a purposeful working atmosphere, implement and monitor the school’s behaviour and any related policies and procedures.
• Invigilate tests and examinations as directed.
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of working with the 11 – 19 age group
• have excellent command of the English language
• be able to work under pressure
• work with pupils with confidence
• have a flexible nature
• be a great team-player
At our Academy, we are extremely proud of the excellent education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership and encouraging and enthusiastic staff body who work tirelessly to see you succeed. It is incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop.
• Start Date: ASAP
• Salary: Level 4 points 9 - £20,344 FTE / £17,526 pro rata
• Job Role: Full time, 37 hours per week, Permanent, Term-time only
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits