The Chalk Hills Academy have an excellent opportunity for a degree-educated candidate to join them as a Cover Supervisor. The purpose of the Cover Supervisor role is to provide teaching cover during short-term or planned teacher absences to implement lessons to students. You will join a small team of three who are dedicated in continuing educational provisions across all subject areas. This is a very critical role for our academy and you will make a valuable contribution to our students and curriculum teams. Under the direction of the class teacher, you will enhance learning opportunities for pupils and ensure there is minimal disruption to their education.
This is an ideal role for any candidates wishing to pursue a career in teaching. Join us as a Cover Supervisor to kick-start your career in education and gain useful and relevant long-lasting skills in delivering classes and managing students.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
· Support the teaching and learning of individual or groups of students, using support strategies appropriate to their learning needs.
· Contribute significantly to; the planning of teaching and learning work programmes and activities to achieve the aims of lessons.
· Contribute to the monitoring, recording and assessment of student progress through observation and questioning, against student targets
· Contribute to the development of a purposeful working atmosphere, implement and monitor the school’s behaviour and any related policies and procedures.
· Invigilate tests and examinations as directed.
· be a graduate of any subject
· have excellent command of the English language
· be able to work under pressure
· work with pupils with confidence
· have a flexible nature
· be a great team-player
Start date asap or October 2021
Salary NJC L4 9-14 £20,903-£23,080 FTE (pro rata £18,007-£19,883) depending on experience
Job Role Permanent, Full time, Term Time + 5 Inset days
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
The Chalk Hills Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Chalk Hills Academy, one of the four Academies under The Shared Learning Trust.
Vision and Values
'Strive, achieve, believe!' - We want our children to strive for their goals, achieve those goals and believe that with the right d...