“Jesus Christ is central to our school”
“St Monica’s is led by a committed team that is passionate about improving the school for the benefit of pupils” (Ofsted, October 2018)
The Executive Board of St Monica’s RC High School is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Cover Supervisor to cover the delivery of lessons for classes during teacher absence, planned or otherwise. This is an ideal role for someone looking to gain experience before pursuing teaching as a career.
This post is Grade 8, point 12-17, salary £21,589 - £23,836 per annum, pro rata. Hours of work are 30 hours per week, term time only, plus one training day worked in accordance with school requirements.
St Monica’s RC High School is located in north Manchester. After a period of great challenge, the Executive Board and the newly appointed Headteacher are now beginning to see the impact of their work and are fully committed to continuing the rapid improvement of this catholic school
The successful applicant will be offered the opportunity to:
- support keen, committed students who are positive and active learners in a school that has a strong catholic ethos;
- benefit from professional development;
- be part of a school that remains popular with parents and the local community;
- work with supportive and focused senior leaders;
We therefore seek an applicant who:
- is highly motivated by a belief that the life chances of all young people can be improved;
- is a well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and can help pupils develop the skills and attitudes they will need in their future lives;
- adopts a “can do” approach to the job, and a commitment to continuing personal development.
Visits to St Monica’s prior to submitting an application are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs H Collier, Headteacher’s PA, telephone 0161 773 6436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Monica’s RC High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Monday, 14 October 2019 at 12:00 pm
Interviews to take place: Thursday, 17 October 2019
Further details and CES application forms are available to download from the school website www.stmonicas.co.uk/the-school/job-vacancies. Electronic submissions should be addressed for the attention of the Chair of the IEB via email@example.com.